Tascam US-800 (8 Inputs simultaneously)

How to use MultiTrack DAW
chrizdrum

Re: Tascam US-800 (8 Inputs simultaneously)

Post by chrizdrum »

Does anyone know if the Us-800 works with the Ipad 4?
deepsweet

Post by deepsweet »

hi guys.

i have Tascam US-800 and iPhone 4s with iOS 6.1.
i want to simultaneously record 4-6 inputs, and not very interested in playback.
could you please tell me is this still possible without problems and i need to buy Camera Connection Kit for sure, or even a recording is broken with the new iOS?
The Heathen Squirrel

Post by The Heathen Squirrel »

Hi there,

I have been using this device with the app successfully and love the combination as it does everything I want it to. There are the odd occasions when you have to power off, unplug, wait a bit etc for the iPad2 to detect it but on the whole it works great and can multitrack to my heart's content.

However, I have now upgraded to an iPad Air and can't wait to get cracking but on my first few attempts it doesn't recognise it! There is no warning sign from the iPad, just complete indifference. I've now resorted to buying an official Apple lightning to USB adapter (ridiculously expensive) to see if it's the connectors I've been using that we're cash gin the problem. Will check back in when it arrives.

Anyone successfully used an iPad air with this Tascam and app? Really hoping it will work...
The Heathen Squirrel

Post by The Heathen Squirrel »

Just to let everyone know that the Tascam DOES work with the iPad Air. I had to buy an official Apple lightning to USB cable but I suppose that's fair enough. No latency issues if you monitor via the iPad headphone output, but if you use the Tascam headphone socket there is a one mental delay.