using alesis protrack

How to use MultiTrack DAW
rico75

using alesis protrack

Post by rico75 »

Hello!

I'm actually using an ipod touch with the alesis protrack and it works just fine when recording a track, but when playing back the track, no sound comes out in the headphones through the alesis protrack. The ipod switches on speaker mode. Can someone help me out? Thank you.
Keith

Re: using alesis protrack

Post by Keith »

Been there. Check out this link and go to Oct 3.

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=20

Since then I've started using a cable made by Cable Jive that is a doc extension with the audio in option. My cable is 3 feet and works great with my Protrack and Mikey.

http://www.cablejive.com/products/Custo ... Cable.html
rico75

Post by rico75 »

hey, just figured out how to monitor with headphones through the alesis protrack. Just click on the menu icon (bottom right of the multitrack app) and un-click "monitor input" and "auto input" and it works just fine. Maybe you don't need to unclick both, I haven't tried. Thanks for your answer!
rico75

Post by rico75 »

oops, sorry, I don't know how I made it once, but it seems it doesn't work anymore...
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Well the auto input and input monitor switches won't affect the headphone output on the ProTrack. The inputs of the ProTrack have a direct link to the headphone output which can be used for hardware monitoring, but unfortunately you can't listen to previously recorded tracks through it and record at the same time. This is a hardware limitation of the ProTrack. You can monitor the input and record and hear previously recorded tracks, but only if you plug the headphones into the iPhone/iPod directly.

Strictly speaking, it's possible to switch between playback and record modes in software, some other recording apps do this. But I don't see the point of adding this feature because it defeats the purpose of multitrack recording (ability to hear previously recorded tracks while recording and monitoring a new track through a single output).

If you are using an iPod, the headphone output can be accessed if you get a dock extender, see Keiths post in the input options thread.