File naming feature / WIFI group select under audio bins

New Features and requests for new features
harborpictures

File naming feature / WIFI group select under audio bins

Post by harborpictures »

Hi - great job with the program. I enjoy using it.

In my workflow, I'm using DAW as a digital field recorder to record audio, and SFX for use in our video programs. I use the WIFI feature to transfer the individual recordings for processing later. All my field notes reference the individual recordings. Sometimes I record to a new track as way to organize the multiple locations in a job. Naming each track for a location.

It'd be great if we can have the track name be used as the first part of the file name, rather than "recording". That way we could have a set of sequential audio files named for the track: ie, narration01, narration02, etc. That would be a helpful addition in my type of workflow. It would save editing the name of each clip after recording.

Using the WIFI I'm able to transfer the files as named individually, but if I transfer the project, the clip names don't transfer. Can we get a "select all" clip option under the Audio Bins? Then have them transfer as a .zip file? It'd be great to be able to transfer a group of clips with a single download click.

Thanks again for the very useful app!

Bill Crawford