feature request - mute regions

New Features and requests for new features
mtingle

feature request - mute regions

Post by mtingle »

First off I just wanted to say congratulations on a top class app, this really does the job well of recording multitrack audio. very professional and stable with a simple interface, nice :)

After using the ipad version for a while I've thought of a few simple feature additions that would really make a difference.

1. mute regions. this would very very useful for arranging purposes. after recording a few takes I would like to be able to take the best bits of each take and mute the unwanted regions. deleting them would not work as it is necessary to audition different combinations of regions and swap between them at any point. If you delete a region and then later on wish to go back and use it, you'd have to retrieve it from the bin and align it again.

2. move regions between tracks. this is part of the arranging process too. being able to put all the comped parts onto a new track is very useful. to be able to move a region vertically without it moving horizontally would necessary to for alignment purposes.

3. for the ipad version: i think the track icons for fx/mute/arm/solo are probably large enough not to have the pop up bigger version (that is obviously necessary for the iphone version) that way you could access them directly saving a lot of extra clicking time. The volume and pan pop up could be combined on the ipad also, this would make things slightly more efficient as it is still useful to have the volume larger. also could the vu meter be added to the large pop up, would be useful for recording purposes.

4. zooming in and out with the 2 finger pinch seems to be very slow ie. it does not zoom much per pinch. maybe try increasing this as it take quite a long time to zoom-in make a change and zoom out again.

love the app, hope some of this feedback is useful.

Michael