Fx PRESETS PLEASE

New Features and requests for new features
JayAudioAcid

Fx PRESETS PLEASE

Post by JayAudioAcid »

Alot of reasons this app is so well liked is because of how user friendly it is, a guy that loves to rap on beats he has, paste them, arm a track and walla...but now that im starting to get more serious and addicted to recording of my ipad because i can take it in tha booth with me & punch &'do several takes myself, i wish i knew tha slightest thing about tha fx compression reverb an all those other knobs! Im sick of playin back a track i just recorded and just turning different knobs back & forth trying to listen how they change my voice knowin im prolly messin it up even more. With that bien said i would love to see pre-sets to eq and all that technical crap kinda how garage band has in its mic section. Just so my lack of knowledge on recording engineering doesnt stop me from bieng able to use this app to its full potential!
pwnified

Re: Fx PRESETS PLEASE

Post by pwnified »

This is a good feature request, thanks! The idea of having presets had passed through my mind when originally creating the effects. All those cheesy effects in garageband like telephone, etc, can be recreated using the parametric eq, so having a preset for things like this could increase the usability, or, at least make it easier to get started tweaking your own. Some kind of dropdown listbox with buttons for adding/deleting/selecting.
dollaz

Post by dollaz »

Great app! I also second this request as i use multitrack primarily to record vocals over my beats and it would definitely be a great time saving resource to add if possible.
atomgram

Post by atomgram »

pwnified wrote:This is a good feature request, thanks! The idea of having presets had passed through my mind when originally creating the effects. All those cheesy effects in garageband like telephone, etc, can be recreated using the parametric eq, so having a preset for things like this could increase the usability, or, at least make it easier to get started tweaking your own. Some kind of dropdown listbox with buttons for adding/deleting/selecting.
First post. Bought an Alesis iO Dock to recorded a folk trio with and landed on your app after a ton of research. You have made a killer app. Super usable and stable. Zero complaints. The problem with presets is they are gimmicky and in the end replicable with your ears. Devote your time to more parametric eq bands or the ability to paste fx settings across projects. I decided to get all the eq set for this group on scratch tracks with as many tracks as I thought they might use and then zip the tune and reopen and rename it for each song. That way the eq, comp and bus settings would all follow along and save time. Just an idea and I hope it works. Love what you've done and looking forward to future additions. Thanks.