Suggested new features.

New Features and requests for new features
Roostrider

Re: Suggested new features.

Post by Roostrider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am

I believe you can import WAV and convert to mp3 via a free program called Audacity on the PC.... Prhaps a little clunky, but free and works...

I master all my studio work to WAV, if someone needs the mp3, I convert and send that way.

Sill would be cool to just tap a button and email ideas strait from the DAW.

camaney

Post by camaney » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Sorry for bringing this up again. I'm just curious if the .mp3 export request is still not happening. I love the app, but being a voice-over actor every agency requires castings or even production audios in .mp3 so I can not really benefit from the portable aspect of my MultitrackDAW+Apogee Mic since I have to zip the file, send it to dropbox, donwload it in my PC, unzip it, edit the .wav and save it as .mp3 in another DAW like Adobe Audition.

Is there any other approach of any future for the .mp3 export feautre?

Thanks again for the great app

pwnified

Post by pwnified » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Welcome camaney,

Actually after all this time there is hope on the horizon =) The patents on the encumbered mp3 format are set to expire, and we can maybe just start using it without fear of the patent trolls. There's still some debate on exactly when the remaining patent becomes fully public domain, but it's possible it could happen this year. (Wikipedia lists it as expiring Dec 30, 2017) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3

camaney

Post by camaney » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 pm

AMAZING!!!! I'm sure we'll all be waiting! :D

Cheers and thanks again for the great app!

Anorton

Post by Anorton » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:24 am

camaney wrote:Sorry for bringing this up again. I'm just curious if the .mp3 export request is still not happening. I love the app, but being a voice-over actor every agency requires castings or even production audios in .mp3 so I can not really benefit from the portable aspect of my MultitrackDAW+Apogee Mic since I have to zip the file, send it to dropbox, donwload it in my PC, unzip it, edit the .wav and save it as .mp3 in another DAW like Adobe Audition.

Is there any other approach of any future for the .mp3 export feautre?

Thanks again for the great app
Have you tried this?

The Audio Converter - Convert your audio or music to nearly any file format to open or listen by SmoothMobile, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/mkUb1.i