No New Features In Almost Half Year???

New Features and requests for new features
opoteat

No New Features In Almost Half Year???

Post by opoteat »

So is Multitrack dying or dead? Maybe I missed it but it looks like there hasn't been an update since January and no new features. Maybe I'm spoiled by my other apps but many of them ha I depend on have had numerous new features, not to mention Retina support. I love using MTand recorded most of my last CD with it and I guess I'm just hoping tha there's a huge update coming soon that took so long to create/release. I'm not complaining but I'm very concerned that one of my favorites tools is not being updated.
pwnified

Re: No New Features In Almost Half Year???

Post by pwnified »

There are some updates in the works, the timing is close. I wanted to implement audiobus, which would allow recording in realtime from other apps directly into multitrack on the same device. So rather than release another update when they are finished with audiobus, I was going to wait and get them all out at once. But the new features (mainly 96 khz / 24 bit) are strong enough to stand on their own so I'll try to get the release out this week!
opoteat

Post by opoteat »

No.. Wait if it's best... I was just hoping you were still cranking away at it. I'll be patient since I know good things are coming. :D
mono-poly

Post by mono-poly »

Please add midi control
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

This audiobus sounds like an unbelievably liberating feature. Any clues to whats coming because the ability to, say, use Ampkit and record on MT would be superb. A piano roll MIDI editor would be nice too but we always want more don't we. GarageBand is fun but has too many annoying limitations due to its target audience. High quality amp sims and synths unified by the best multitrack sounds too good to be true.

More info please:-)
Evan

Post by Evan »

pwnified wrote:There are some updates in the works, the timing is close. I wanted to implement audiobus, which would allow recording in realtime from other apps directly into multitrack on the same device. So rather than release another update when they are finished with audiobus, I was going to wait and get them all out at once. But the new features (mainly 96 khz / 24 bit) are strong enough to stand on their own so I'll try to get the release out this week!
being able to get ampkit to stream into multitrack would be so the best...
audio bus, im glad thats in the works you seem to me good at getting the nuts and bolts before the casing, unlike most all other daw i work with...
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

the audiobus thing sounds great - will that work on an ipad2? also i hope there are some updates coming that will improve the overall editing system within mtDAW: like being able to "insert silence" between in/ out points, or "split all" at the in point, or "select all" past the in point - so we can split/select/move half our song to add in new parts without having to split then select each and every little region from a point on. or at least just add 're-select' to the undo list as im weary from accidentally unselecting and having to try and reselect 50+ regions in order to move them all at once...

anyway, ive been a huge fan of multitrackDAW for some time now but it could probably use some basic editing feature updates added in that every other daw already has...
johnnymultitrack

Post by johnnymultitrack »

Audiobus sounds great! Looking forward to that, when should we be expecting a release?

I have to say I absolutely love MTDAW and I think Audiobus would be a huge update. Keep up the great work Harmonicdog!