Update the Equalizer? Metronome?

New Features and requests for new features
jwmmakerofmusic

Update the Equalizer? Metronome?

Post by jwmmakerofmusic »

I've been using your DAW for a bit now and like it a lot. However, there are a couple of things I'd like to see.

First, can you add a metronome so that I am able to time myself proper when recording my voice?

Second, can the EQ be updated? I would like it if the two bell filters were able to reach all frequencies. In most cases, it may not be necessary, but when mixing dance music and trying to get the kick and bass to sit nicely together, sometimes more than one bell filter is needed. I agree with that one post that having the ability to get a wider Q (such as 0.8 or even 0.5) is a must.

For the shelving filters, can we have more frequencies to choose from? For the top, I think 8k, 10k, 12k, 14k, 16k and 18kHz would work, and for the bottom, I think 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and 250Hz. For example, if I only wanted to reduce the lowest of the lows on a bass, 25Hz would work a lot better than 50Hz which reduces too much low end. Reducing bass frequencies from non-bass instruments is also a must, but sometimes only 100Hz won't do the trick.

I hope this can be achieved. Cheers. :)
Anorton

Re: Update the Equalizer? Metronome?

Post by Anorton »

jwmmakerofmusic wrote:
First, can you add a metronome so that I am able to time myself proper when recording my voice
See this thread:
http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32
Recorder

Re: Update the Equalizer? Metronome?

Post by Recorder »

jwmmakerofmusic wrote:For the shelving filters, can we have more frequencies to choose from? For the top, I think 8k, 10k, 12k, 14k, 16k and 18kHz would work, and for the bottom, I think 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and 250Hz. For example, if I only wanted to reduce the lowest of the lows on a bass, 25Hz would work a lot better than 50Hz which reduces too much low end. Reducing bass frequencies from non-bass instruments is also a must, but sometimes only 100Hz won't do the trick
It would also be good if the user could specify the exact frequency required. I personnally prefer the sound of musical note frequecies (73.4hz, 82.4hz etc)