Switching between inputs

New Features and requests for new features
martygras

Switching between inputs

Post by martygras »

OK, I've got the Yeti working great through a powered hub. I've also tried the iRig, which only passes the signal directly from the input. (Can't get MTW to hear Jam-up Pro's affected signal.)

I can't figure out how to switch track inputs between the Yeti and the iRig when both are attached to the iPad at the same time.

Can I record the Yeti on track 1 and the iRig on track 2 simultaneously?
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Re: Switching between inputs

Post by pwnified »

martygras wrote:Can I record the Yeti on track 1 and the iRig on track 2 simultaneously?
Unfortunately not. It may be possible in the future to combine multiple USB devices, but not the built-in inputs with usb devices.
martygras

Post by martygras »

Thanks pwnified. I just ordered the Alesis IO Dock which should take care of this issue. Oh sure, I won't be able to use the Yeti, but I have a locker full of studio mics to choose from.
Maybe I can sell my iRig, unless someone has any suggestions for other uses.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
Gregmartin64

Post by Gregmartin64 »

martygras wrote:Thanks pwnified. I just ordered the Alesis IO Dock which should take care of this issue. Oh sure, I won't be able to use the Yeti, but I have a locker full of studio mics to choose from.
Maybe I can sell my iRig, unless someone has any suggestions for other uses.
With the iRig mic I have, I keep the mic in the stand and then tie the lead across the room to a hook on the wall. Bingo. Perfect retractable washing line. Hope it works for you as well :-)
martygras

Post by martygras »

:D That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Funny as hell Greg.