Audiobus tips and tricks

New Features and requests for new features
martygras

Audiobus tips and tricks

Post by martygras »

So how are you guys, and gals using Audiobus with DAW?

I'd love to hear both positive points and possible drawbacks.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
Daath7

Re: Audiobus tips and tricks

Post by Daath7 »

Hi everyone! At first I had the app working in audiobus but after I installed Loopy HD it won't show up in audiobus. Anyone else have this problem?
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Works great for me with JamUp and LoopyHD. I'm extremely impressed with the clean, logical interface, and the fact that it just works! No issues for me so far, really seems like a transformational item that will open many new possibilities.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

It's a beautiful thing. I've only been using MultiTrack and JamUp. JamUp seems to produce some noise when AudioBus gets hold of it, but their noise gate takes care of it on the lowest setting.
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

I posted a link on the 'Made with MT' forum and I gotta say it's beautiful! (not the song but this whole workflow, lol)

I had FunkBox, Sunrizer, and SoundPrism as input and had MT as the output.

Recorded FunkBox and SoundPrism (sunrizer for just live lead) and afterwards I added a track in MT and added the guitar track.

I'm really not good at this but, seriously as a song writer and musician this is just dream come true!

To be able to bounce back and forth between instruments on the fly is soo powerful!
martygras

Post by martygras »

First off, make sure you're running DAW 3.2. I had to go get it. iTunes didn't prompt me for an update.
Anorton wrote:It's a beautiful thing. I've only been using MultiTrack and JamUp. JamUp seems to produce some noise when AudioBus gets hold of it, but their noise gate takes care of it on the lowest setting.
Anorton, what DAW settings are you using for your project? 44.1/16 or higher?
I'm guessing this may have something to do with the noise from JamUp. Not sure what JamUp is set to run at, or if you can change it.

We really need a way to get all "bused" apps to run at the same sample and bitrate that the "master" app is recording at. In this case DAW is what I consider the "master" app.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Totally agree about MTD being the master. But some of us old farts remember when we lost one track of tape so a funny black box made chirping/gurgling noises that our Atari's would understand. Tape and computer locked to one play button on the recorder.

I'm enjoying audiobus immensly but, as the app list hopefully grows, it would be superb if, say, MTD was the time source for nano studio etc. Maybe it does already and I'm too much if an old fart to see it:-)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for checking out audiobus! This is quickly becoming the best thing to happen to iOS audio so far!

Some tips for using audiobus with multitrack:

It's highly recommended to use 16/44 projects when using audiobus, because this matches the audiobus line format. If different from this, multitrack will convert the line format to the project format and results in increased cpu usage for no good reason (doesn't increase quality).

In fact, when starting multitrack through audiobus, and no song is open, a new song will be created and opened at 16/44 despite what the settings for new projects are set at.

It also recommended to use the 5.5ms buffer time, the middle setting in multitrack (256 samples at 44.1kHz).

It's always a good idea to reboot your device before a big recording session, and/or shutdown (background kill) any other unused apps.

There is currently no midi syncing or midi support in multitrack, however I'm strongly considering it at this point as another update.
dkijc

Post by dkijc »

pwnified wrote: There is currently no midi syncing or midi support in multitrack, however I'm strongly considering it at this point as another update.
I love the midi sync idea~ (If I understand that correctly would that be responsible for syncing tempo with the incoming apps?) :)
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

martygras wrote:First off, make sure you're running DAW 3.2. I had to go get it. iTunes didn't prompt me for an update.
Anorton wrote:It's a beautiful thing. I've only been using MultiTrack and JamUp. JamUp seems to produce some noise when AudioBus gets hold of it, but their noise gate takes care of it on the lowest setting.
Anorton, what DAW settings are you using for your project? 44.1/16 or higher?
I'm guessing this may have something to do with the noise from JamUp. Not sure what JamUp is set to run at, or if you can change it.

We really need a way to get all "bused" apps to run at the same sample and bitrate that the "master" app is recording at. In this case DAW is what I consider the "master" app.
Thanks mardygras, that makes sense. I was set at 24 bit.