Reset Shortcuts For Volume And Pan

New Features and requests for new features
ayampols

Reset Shortcuts For Volume And Pan

Post by ayampols »

Please introduce a simple way to reset both the volume and pan controls. The mechanism should be appropriate to the nature of the device; since the software runs on a touch-based mobile user interface, often manipulated by calloused fingers of musicians, the mechanism must not demand fine movements more typically associated with a mouse.
pwnified wrote:To reset a Pan knob, you can tap any of the triangles around the outside of the Pan knob.
This is not as easy as it sounds. It is very easy to miss the noon marker. May I suggest a double-tap in the center of the control to reset the control to the middle?
pwnified wrote:Unfortunately this feature doesn't exist for volume controls, for those, you just have to nudge it back to zero manually.
One is required to be blessed with the hands of an opthalmic surgeon to perform such a delicate operation. Please introduce a mechanism to easily reset the volume control to zero. May I suggest a double-tap on the volume control as an intuitive and simple way to reset the control?

Many thanks for considering this feature request.
-Armen
martygras

Re: Reset Shortcuts For Volume And Pan

Post by martygras »

I agree that there might be a better way to zero the knobs, but it is not impossible currently nor very difficult. It does slow my workflow down a little, but does not have a huge impact on the process.

Once you are close to a desired value, try rocking (or rolling) your finger before releasing it.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.