Any word on the update?

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Re: Any word on the update?

Post by pwnified »

7.0.2 yes, just came out. I'll give it a shot and see if some of those bugs got fixed
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

Well, I'm pretty unimpressed by the level of activity with MT DAW this last year. Not only no updates, but no indication about what's happening (except some mention of June, which is clearly passed).
I've bought Beatmaker 2 instead. It's far more complicated and fiddly, but at least it's being worked on.
martygras

Post by martygras »

That's because MT-DAW is already totally useable for many people.

I've noticed two main camps for use of recording apps. One is to use as a replacement for the old traditional multitrack portables like Tascam units etc. and the other group is the people who have to have midi to record their projects.
I fall into both categories depending on what the client needs. Nine times out of ten though the client just wants a live performance to 2-track mixdown. We have a lot of singer/songwriters here in Oregon, (guitar/vocals).
MT-DAW is ideal for this as I can mix their project in only a few minutes, instead of hours and hand them a thumbdrive (or use Soundcloud) with several different mixes for them to use as they wish.

Side note: I have been using midi since it was introduced to the public in the early 80's.
Before that I programmed CNC tables using the same protocol as midi, but it was called RS-232. That super simple protocol was then adapted for midi.
...and then came Sysex.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
opc10

Post by opc10 »

I agree that mutlitrack is the best app out there.
Simple, functional, and fits a variety of purposes.
I too sometimes want something more full-featured, but on the whole it is by far my most used app.
Input Ampkit/Drum Sequencer/whatever into Audiobus, output to Multitrack, and awesomeness!

My top wishlist:

1. Be able to pull tracks from Soundcloud. A lot of collaboration goes on with Soundcloud, and to be able to pull tracks down would be awesome. Instead I have to download to computer, then upload via webclient. You could probably throw in the Voice recorder (Although not sure if crApple would let you?)

2. To be able to mixdown/Email one track. EG: I may have half a dozen tracks recorded. One goes for 1 minute, one for 10 minutes. I just want the mixdown of the 1 minute track to upload to Soundcloud, so I have to mute all other tracks, and mixdown. But i'm left with a 10 minute track with 9 minutes of silence. I can copy/paste into a new track, but kind of makes it clunky when you've got a heap of tracks.

3. A couple of more Track FX. Delay, Reverb for each track.

4. Perhaps an updated look and feel. It is functional, but a bit fiddly, and a little outdated.

5. Volume envelopes! EG: A Pain when a section is too loud in the middle of the track and you just want to notch it down.

6. Some better metronome sounds. Simple drum beats, etc. Yeah you can Audiobus, but it can be a bit flaky to get it all going, and for quick ideas it would be much simpler. See Loopy/couple of others...
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Well I recently tried the latest "improved" version of n-track for ios. Has lots of features. MIDI, tone generator, effects, piano roll etc. I was really disappointed with it. Buggy, confusing, poor design, bad bad latency and next to useless. All that glitters as they say.

Garageband is great but the pure audio side is let down by being childish with all those fart goblin and klaxon effects. Where's the eq and compression? Also lacks track copy to external apps.

My point is the fact that MTD just works can sometimes make us take it for granted. However, I too am restless for an update. Cubasis for iphone please.