A few recommendations

New Features and requests for new features
B.Skaigh

A few recommendations

Post by B.Skaigh »

MT, was the third music app I purchased. GarageBand was first, Thumbjam was second. I've always liked the simplicity of this app, uncluttered, functional and sounds great. I have no use for a complex desktop type DAW on my iPad.

Now, though, it seems to me that a few enhancements are warranted.

1. Ability to loop a region. Frankly, having to do multiple copies of a selection is a pain.

2. Ability to move a region without having to go to edit. To me, it's an unnecessary step.

3. Volume automation. I do a lot of compositions in which I may have have a rhythm instrument(s) playing in the background ( bass, for example ) but then want to bring it in front for a solo. I can do that now, but have to use a separate track to do it. IMO, *any* multitrack recording app should have this function.

That's all. Seems like a reasonable expectation to me.
martygras

Re: A few recommendations

Post by martygras »

You can loop timeline selections currently, but yeah, that's all quite reasonable.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
psl

Re: A few recommendations

Post by psl »

Item 3, volume automation, is by far the most important for me.

Let me suggest a small extension that would provide a short-term workaround.

Expand the EDIT operation slightly to allow setting a separate gain for each region.
An additional handle, either above or below the region being edited, could be used to set the gain for that region.
This would save us from using an extra track every time the gain needs to be changed -- a real pain!