Is the Update still on track?

New Features and requests for new features
dominicperry

Is the Update still on track?

Post by dominicperry »

Pwnified, is the late Feb / early March update still in the works?
It's clear from the Auria boards that lots of people still use MT DAW on the iPad and of course, like me, on the iPhone. It would be great to have an update on the update.

It's a pity there is no way of charging for a big update, apart from starting a whole new app, which, as Intua found out with Beatmaker, really upsets people, because everyone has to pay full price for the new app. I realise that at some point developers like to get paid.

Dominic
martygras

Re: Is the Update still on track?

Post by martygras »

The anticipation is killing me. :)

Yep, I'm excited to see what gets added.

[edit]
It just occurred to me that iOS 7.1.0 will be in our hands in a week or so and this could throw all the long awaited updates for MT DAW right out the window. Hopefully not, but this could push the update release out even further.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yeah, exactly what happened. Lots and lots of moving targets to hit. Apologies.
Most features are working great, however a couple of nasty bugs are preventing the release. Specifically, I'm having performance issues with iOS7.1 on the new 64 bit devices. I was hoping to have it released with Audiobus 2. Still pushing for that.
Nu2moro

Post by Nu2moro »

That's really good to hear! :-)
Must be very frustrating for you devs whenever there is a big change in the operating system.
martygras

Post by martygras »

The only "bug" I've heard of with 7.1 is there's a break in support for 96k using the devices internal mic.
It's odd, and I never record at 96k, but still, it's the principle of the stated abilities. Many DAW's say they can record at 96k, but this may affect their ability to.
iPad Air, Akai EIE (the red one), Griffin Studioconnect, Alesis IO Dock, Blue Yeti mic.