IAA on input

New Features and requests for new features
anfirmor

IAA on input

Post by anfirmor »

It would be a nice addition if it were possible to plug in an IAA effect right into the input, ie before the recorder. I really like Jam Up's LA compressor and acoustic eq and they are the kind of thing it may be desirable to record on input. This would save a bit of horsepower i would have thought and saves time having to create a mixdown to fix the track effects that often go in line like a compressor.

Maybe an IAA hotbox that opens by holding the "in" icon.

Any thoughts?

Have i missed a way of doing this?
wherewithal

Re: IAA on input

Post by wherewithal »

Audiobus would handle this fine
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

IAA Generators and Instruments on the Input should get recorded and baked into the track. Is this what you're asking? All the Generators and Instruments should appear in the '>>>IN' list button.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Not really.

For example, jamup has a cracking compressor (LA clone) but its an effect and so isn't burned to the track on record. The effect is on the track, not the input.

For things like compression effects it's a pity it cant be put in line with the input so the chosen effect was recorded, like a traditional desk insert. This would save on processing and duplicate IAA conflicts (I think). If I'm talking rubbish then by all means tell me.

Yes to the audiobus answer but I like to have my cake and eat it.