MultiTrack DAW 4.0

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

MultiTrack DAW 4.0

Post by pwnified »

New Features:
Freeze tracks - drastically reduces processing for tracks with IAA effects, and frees up the plugins for use on other tracks. To use, make sure you have IAA effects on the track, and tap the 'Freeze' button, next to the Arm button, on the track. You can still adjust volume, pan, and bus send, of a frozen track.

Loop Recording - allows continuous overwriting while it loops. Stop and undo after a good take. To use, make sure the loop section is more than a couple seconds in length. For precise record start and stop points, use 'Punch' from the Menu and place the punch points within the loop points.

Smaller audio buffers - sizes of 64 (1.4 ms) are now supported for low latency monitoring. Warning - some apps don't support buffers this small and may glitch, snap, crackle, and pop. So if you get audio dropouts when recording other apps, please try longer buffer sizes. MultiTrack doesn't have this problem.

Volume/pan adjustments are filtered and interpolated, no 'zippering'. Mostly only noticeable with loud sound sources and quick movements.

Compressor uses exponential gain reduction metering. Make it much easier to see the amount of gain reduction.

Long-Touch zipped song project icon now has 'Open in' button for sharing the zip. Use it to send project zip files to Dropbox, etc.

Final mixdown now uses loop markers as song start and end. Makes it easy to produce loops, and to trim the start and end of the song without an extra step.

Final mixdown won't overwrite older mixdowns with same name. File exports will always use a unique name by appending a numeric identifier to the end. ie. '(mix)My Song (1).wav', '(mix) My Song (2).wav'

All sorting/ordering uses numeric sort (Song, Shared, Inputs, IAA effects, generators, instruments).

Silence rendered to IAA plugins when doing mixdown/copy operation, to flush out buffers.

Wi-Fi web server lists songs in same order as shown in multitrack.

Track and bin download filenames now contain the song name as prefix.

Bug Fixes:
Fix an iPhone 6S bug with missing tabs (Export, Shared, and Upgrades).
Fix iOS 9 bug with 2 finger pinch zooming sometimes popping back to another zoom level.
Fix retina displays sometimes not able to open the Hotbox with a Long-Touch.
Fix an Audiobus monitoring bug where no sound would be heard unless 'Input Monitoring' was on.
Fix a bug when drag reordering 3 or more IAA track plugins.
New Audiobus lib should fix the samplerate issues on iPhone 6S with internal speaker/mic.
Fix a buffer size bug on cold start.
Fix lights on compressor gain reduction meter being stuck sometimes when turning it off.
SoundCloud fixes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/multitr ... 22101?mt=8

:D
Nu2moro

Re: MultiTrack DAW 4.0

Post by Nu2moro »

Wow big update! Many thanks :-)
Better go and try the new bits ;-)
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

How exciting!!!!!
martin1953music

Post by martin1953music »

1.4ms...!!! Thank Ya Dog!!!!
dcollins710

Post by dcollins710 »

The update looks great! One issue I've noticed so far...
- The menu popup tabs "Export" and "Upgrades" are not responsive. When I try and restore purchases or export, nothing happens.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

dcollins710 wrote:When I try and restore purchases or export, nothing happens.
It seems to be working here. The Restore Purchases might require a stable network, maybe a reboot. Does the export -> mixdown work or is it soundcloud or email export? What type of device?
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

Excellent, thanks for this update, very much appreciated.

Dominic
Nu2moro

Post by Nu2moro »

Noticed that when looping the display doesn't go back to the loop start point, only displays the last visible section on the screen.
harisonzamperla

Post by harisonzamperla »

Brilliant update. I love it. Thanks @pwnified. This is my most used app ever
Last edited by harisonzamperla on October 19th, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Still having pan issues when using IAA effects.

:-(