MT DAW 4.2 - speaker out option missing from menu

New Features and requests for new features
dominicperry

MT DAW 4.2 - speaker out option missing from menu

Post by dominicperry »

Just installed MT DAW 4.2 and noticed that the Menu item "Speaker Out" is no longer there. Output sound still comes from the speaker but wondered why this has gone missing now? It's still in the help file - some mention of only being available on iPhone. Does MT DAW think I'm using an iPod suddenly? Testing was done without an external audio interface on a pre-existing 24/44.1 song.

iPhone 6+ (not S), iOS 9.2

Dominic
harisonzamperla

Re: MT DAW 4.2 - speaker out option missing from menu

Post by harisonzamperla »

Me too. I'm also on an iPhone 6plus. Maybe it's not necessary since if it's plugged in you don't need speaker and it detects automatically anyways
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

TL;DR It was removed, because of a new option I found on the AudioSession to always default to speaker, as opposed to the ear receiver. The way it should have been from the beginning.

I reasoned that nobody was using the ear receiver when recording anyway, because holding the phone up to your ear doesn't blank the screen and your ear ends up hitting buttons accidentally :D

But then, after I had submitted the update to Apple which removes the Speaker Out option, it was discovered that the iPhone 6S+'s change the hardware samplerate to 48kHz only for the Speaker, not the receiver. MultiTrack works fine and can handle the switchover. However, other apps that are being hosted through Inter-App Audio can't handle this, or, Apples IAA system can't handle this for some reason. I think it's broken, and Apple should fix it. I'm debating whether to return the Speaker Out option, so at least we can host IAA plugs with it set to receiver, or to try and get Apple to fix their bugs, or both. :| :cry:
dominicperry

Post by dominicperry »

Does that mean that external interfaces are sample-rate converted to 48KHz, or just the phone speaker?

Dominic
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

dominicperry wrote:Does that mean that external interfaces are sample-rate converted to 48KHz, or just the phone speaker?

Dominic
Just the phone speaker.