Count-in

New Features and requests for new features
toman

Count-in

Post by toman »

Having a count-in on record would be most helpful. I know a bar of silence can be prepended to a track but seems a kludge. Cheers ...
pwnified

Re: Count-in

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, I've thought about this before and came to the conclusion that most people could turn on 'Punch' and back up the playhead easily enough. Make sure 'Snap' is turned on as well. It's a different workflow, but it isn't that much harder to do, and allows more control. However, you are talking about the start of a song, true, that waiting a bar after the first bar causes all songs to start at bar 2 and then need to be trimmed before final export. Using the Loop Markers to trim the final export was put in just for this reason. I've resisted having the count-in because it would also require an option to turn it off. I'll think about this some more, thanks for the feedback.
toman

Post by toman »

Thanks for your reply.
audiojunkie

Post by audiojunkie »

pwnified wrote:Hmm, I've thought about this before and came to the conclusion that most people could turn on 'Punch' and back up the playhead easily enough. Make sure 'Snap' is turned on as well. It's a different workflow, but it isn't that much harder to do, and allows more control. However, you are talking about the start of a song, true, that waiting a bar after the first bar causes all songs to start at bar 2 and then need to be trimmed before final export. Using the Loop Markers to trim the final export was put in just for this reason. I've resisted having the count-in because it would also require an option to turn it off. I'll think about this some more, thanks for the feedback.
I want to put a +1 for the precount option. It would make things easier for the starts of songs. :-)