Bring the track count up to 48 or 64

New Features and requests for new features
audiojunkie

Bring the track count up to 48 or 64

Post by audiojunkie »

I've been thinking, and if we can't do volume automation or region volume/pan, how about we double the amount of tracks available so that we can put single regions on separate tracks and have the volume controlled there. Devices are getting more powerful nowadays, and several DAWS have track counts higher than 24. You could make it an IAP option and get more money from it!! :D
joemiami

Re: Bring the track count up to 48 or 64

Post by joemiami »

That would definitely be a workaround, but tracks start to crowd the precious screen real estate too quickly (plus you'd need track groups to apply the same effects chain, etc). I'd really love to see volume (and pan) on regions in the same track.
audiojunkie

Re: Bring the track count up to 48 or 64

Post by audiojunkie »

joemiami wrote:That would definitely be a workaround, but tracks start to crowd the precious screen real estate too quickly (plus you'd need track groups to apply the same effects chain, etc). I'd really love to see volume (and pan) on regions in the same track.
I don't see how screen real estate would be changed at all. One must scroll down when expanded to 24 tracks. It wouldn't be any different with 48 or 64 tracks. It would be increased income for the developer, and would solve an essential problem for us by allowing us to have enough room to do essential work on regions. Granted, it WOULD be nice to have a folder capability that allows groups of tracks to be controlled by a single master fader. In fact, that would be awesome, because a combination of these two ideas would basically give use the automation we need, extreme flexibility, and probably wouldn't be as difficult as putting in automation. :-)