Anazing app, so what's next

New Features and requests for new features
MusicMagic

Batteries Included

Post by MusicMagic »

Oh, and one other thing about the Zoom R16--the device operates on batteries too! Stick in six AA batteries, and the light weight controller (no HD, no CD-ROM drive) is just as portable as the iPhone for "in the field" recording. Wow. We're cooking with gas now!
MusicMagic

New MultiTrack Screen Shots

Post by MusicMagic »

IF new screenshots already have been posted to the App Store and displayed, can the update be far behind? Probably not. Come on, Apple, hurry up the approval process, for goodness sakes! :(

pwnified

Re: Anazing app, so what's next

Post by pwnified »

Ahh crap, itunes connect was not supposed to change the screenshots yet, I'm having them put back to the old ones until the app is approved. Hopefully it wont be too much longer.

So I may as well talk about this 1.1 release, even though it hasn't been approved yet. Most of the promised features made it in, but notably Annotations and Automation is missing. I had it in with thousands of control points (I had 20,000 control points at one time) and all controls automating and working great, but the problem came with editing the control points and a proper UI for editing them. I wasn't satisfied with any of the control schemes so far, so in the interest of getting the update out I disabled automation completely. There is now a new update schedule, with another update (1.1.1) coming in January which will complete the version.

The things that did make it in:

Stereo Recording - up to 16 stereo or mono tracks
Metronome - never miss that beat again
Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
Ruler - shows where you are in the song
Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines
Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points

Support for erasing a track, switch for recording left or right channel of a stereo input onto a mono track, speaker/receiver selection switch

Now we just need approval!!!

BTW MusicMagic thanks for your interest. that looks interesting with the USB recording. I've been thinking about designing a midi interface for the iPhone and for MultiTrack.
MusicMagic

Re: New MultiTrack Screen Shots

Post by MusicMagic »

MusicMagic wrote:IF new screenshots already have been posted to the App Store and displayed, can the update be far behind? Probably not. Come on, Apple, hurry up the approval process, for goodness sakes! :(

My bad. I disabled the screen shots. Did not know something was amiss. :oops:
MusicMagic

Post by MusicMagic »

pwnified wrote:Ahh crap, itunes connect was not supposed to change the screenshots yet, I'm having them put back to the old ones until the app is approved. Hopefully it wont be too much longer.

So I may as well talk about this 1.1 release, even though it hasn't been approved yet. Most of the promised features made it in, but notably Annotations and Automation is missing.
Well, the tick list was huge. Getting to most items was a big accomplishment. Thanks for the work.
pwnified wrote:I wasn't satisfied with any of the control schemes so far, so in the interest of getting the update out I disabled automation completely. There is now a new update schedule, with another update (1.1.1) coming in January which will complete the version.
Expedient move, and a good one, I should think. Just knowing that automation is in the works is an encouragement to all those asking for that type of control.
pwnified wrote:The things that did make it in:

Stereo Recording - up to 16 stereo or mono tracks
Metronome - never miss that beat again
Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
Ruler - shows where you are in the song
Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines
Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points

Support for erasing a track, switch for recording left or right channel of a stereo input onto a mono track, speaker/receiver selection switch
Like I said, look at that list! Lots of work here. We'll try to test drive her to identify any pesky issues that might not have manifested themselves yet.
pwnified wrote:BTW MusicMagic thanks for your interest. that looks interesting with the USB recording. I've been thinking about designing a midi interface for the iPhone and for MultiTrack.
Yes, I remember the midi interface. That is a good direction. I also thought interesting that the R16 had built-in stereo mics. That would solve the input problem too, so two for the price of one.

Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated. Sorry I jumped the gun on the screen shots.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

MusicMagic wrote:
MusicMagic wrote:
Oh thats alright! I should probably announce that the updates been submitted.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

pwnified wrote:
MusicMagic wrote:
MusicMagic wrote:
Oh thats alright! I should probably announce that the updates been submitted.
Heres a formal announcement:
http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30
pwnified

Re: RSS feed?

Post by pwnified »

MusicMagic wrote:BTW--did I miss something, or does this site not have RSS feeds, such as to your email, to let you know when responses have been made to your postings, or at least to the thread? Sort of like Facebook?
Theres a subscribe feature at the bottom of each forum, you can subscribe from the top level for any changes to subforums. But dont forget to sign in when you read the post or all subsequent posts won't send emails.
MusicMagic

RSS feed info appreciated

Post by MusicMagic »

Thanks for the helpful info.
MusicMagic

Re: RSS feed?

Post by MusicMagic »

pwnified wrote:Theres a subscribe feature at the bottom of each forum, you can subscribe from the top level for any changes to subforums. But dont forget to sign in when you read the post or all subsequent posts won't send emails.
Hmmm. This may be my problem, because I already had that check box checked at the bottom of the page, but I was not getting emails.