MIDI Support

New Features and requests for new features
Zoomer

Re: MIDI Support

Post by Zoomer »

I had an idea that would be a pretty cool addon once MIDI clock is implemented: the ability to select an event length, specify the number of beats it contains, and have MTD derive the MIDI tempo from that. This would allow us to use the import of a pre-recorded loop, a complete rhythm track, or an improvised recording to set MTD to the correct tempo.

While I'm at it, a tap-tempo function would be useful to set an initial tempo... And I want to say tempo changes and time signature changes, but that might be too complex for the initial offering, though sometimes it pays to be forward thinking...

(I can't believe I'm suggesting FRs for a FR... Must be important... ;) )
ZenLizard

Re: MIDI Support

Post by ZenLizard »

@pwnified — One thing you might consider is to make these different MIDI requests modular in-app downloads or purchases (When a solution to the iOS MIDI mess is available). Clearly there are people using MT DAW in different ways. Some want a lot of MIDI control in and out, while others only need clock in/out, and maybe song position. It would be great to add only those tools one needs for the way they use the app. The way I'm working now, the only thing I might occasionally need is clock out to time an arpeggio, and even that I can work around. It's volume/pan automation (custom envelopes) that I want more than anything now. ;) ...so fickle, right?...
—"Expert" is the title that society awards someone who is recurrently shocked and surprised by what the rest of us saw coming—