MIDI Support

New Features and requests for new features
NeroShooter

MIDI Support

Post by NeroShooter »

Hi guys,

I'd like to give an idea for a new feature : it's MIDI support with the USB Camera Connection Kit, in order MT to be able to recognize and record synths and keyboard.
I would like to record a synth with MT but someone told me that MT doesn't support MIDI...

It would be great if you put this feature in it :)

Cheers
Keith

Re: MIDI Support

Post by Keith »

Your life will be a lot easier if you will find a book on MIDI and audio recording. MIDI does not carry any audio information and digital audio does not carry MIDI. I write this not to be harsh but to encourage you to learn the never ending tools of your art.
Last edited by Keith on January 8th, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeroShooter

Post by NeroShooter »

Thank you Keith, but for your information I knpw the difference between digital and audio recording ;)
As MIDI messages pass through USB, maybe MT would be able to support MIDI, like a real multitrack sequencer on a computer. Just a suggestion.

Cheers
Deitenbeck

Post by Deitenbeck »

I'm with NeroShooter. MIDI Support via Camera Connection Kit would be a great new feature!
jaybry84

Post by jaybry84 »

And I'm with Keith, I'm not sure you do understand the difference. MIDI is useless without a virtual instrument to play the MIDI information. MT doesn't have virtual instruments and it is NOT a sequencer. It's a multitrack recorder.
Beta 1.9.5

3GS, 3.1.2 (jailbroken)
phormz

Post by phormz »

Neroshooter is definitely on the right track here. With the current development of apps using background audio, there is a world of possibilities awaiting us by introducing midi support in our iOS DAW apps such as MultiTrack. I think maybe we need to allow creative suggestions to be made without getting hot under the collar about it ...just because it challenges what we consider to be "how things are done". Nothing was ever improved by not thinking outside the box.

Massive plus one from me for the midi idea!! :D
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Hi,

we do acapella recordings and it would be awesome to have our midi keyboard (which is a usb keyboard) working. We currently always have to switch apps if we want to try something on the keyboard. We do not want to record it. It would even be greater if there would be a virtual keyboard (to get the right note, when we are not recording at home having our midi keyboard at hand).

cheers

Stefan
Recorder

Post by Recorder »

I'd also like to see a built in Midi Sequencer, especially a Drum Pattern Sequencer.

I guess the real dilemma is how many features can be added to Multi Track DAW before ruining it's excellent user interface?

If Midi was implemented then it would probably need to be something simple that makes the recording process easier for solo musicians rather than a full featured midi sequencer.
Threlly

Post by Threlly »

I can do without synths and drum machines. But midi sync is an absolute necessity, it's the sole reason I bought Meteor.
No other iPad daw has it.

Without it the app exists in a vacuum, why can I not run it alongside my pc, my synth, my sample box, my drum machine ?
Why can I not run my arpeggiator alongside ?

Midi sync please
fac

Post by fac »

Threlly wrote:I can do without synths and drum machines. But midi sync is an absolute necessity.

Midi sync please
I've been using Multitrack DAW for a couple of months and just joined the forum to ask for this feature. I would even pay extra to be able to sync my external synths to a MIDI clock generated my MT DAW.