Interface Suggestions

New Features and requests for new features
richardsisk

Interface Suggestions

Post by richardsisk »

This is a fantastic app! I had a couple of ideas. I think the screened or faded text, for example in the track arming options area is a tad too faded and harder to read than it might be... No big deal but thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Also It might be useful to zoom in on the waveform of the armed track when recording so it would take up a larger portion of the screen. That would tie in with the other zoomed in control features and make it easier to evaluate the level of the track while laying it down.
pwnified

Re: Interface Suggestions

Post by pwnified »

Yeah the buttons are due for another update, I've never been happy with them, such is the nature of trying to use a bright background with elements that get darker when they are selected. I see why most audio UI's use things that get brighter, lights and LED's, with an edgy dark background, this is so they can brighten up and even show an outer glow. I tried to keep the interface consistent by always getting darker when selected or 'on'. And the text becoming almost unreadable was an over compensation for trying to distinguish the off state. Since I already know what it says, and the beta testers already know what it says, we mentally delegated it to lower priority. Thanks for the comments on this, it's always good to get first impressions.

As for track zoom. At one time I was considering a sort of rectangular vertical magnifying glass that followed the timebar, showing a horizontally enlarged view of anything within this vertical strip (including ruler). If done right, it could work but there are a bunch of things to think about. But you are talking about vertical zooming the armed track. It's a good idea, definitely something to think about.