Import export Audio to others apps

New Features and requests for new features
jeezs

Import export Audio to others apps

Post by jeezs »

Hello,

Thanks for your great software.

Is it possible for you to implement some sort of compatiblity with other iPhone apps, such as accessing the IOLibrary ( Beatmaker also use this directory), or You may also use the AudioPaste technology from Sonoma.

Though my favor goes to the IO lib surely simpler to implement and used by more software.

Thanks

Jean-Eric
pwnified

Re: Import export Audio to others apps

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the compliments!

So I've been around and circles on this, I'm currently in research mode. ioLibrary is a little scary because apple has stated they will simply REMOVE apps from the app store without notice, for accessing a directory outside the application sandbox directory (DCIM directory in the case of ioLibrary). Some people have said not to worry about it, that apple would never do that, and so on, but I can't seem to get any response from apple about it and apples highly opaque business practice is really starting to piss me off. They could easily remove apps for any reason just to spite us.

What really needs to happen is a petition, similar to the one that helped get the ioLibrary apps temporarily approved, that would force apple to allow iPod access to our songs already on the device. (You can currently play and pause songs in the iPod library, but data access is restricted). I suspect that apple is going to allow this eventually. In the case of MultiTrack or other recording apps, we would also need the ability to write new songs into a users iPod library. Or at least an API for writing into the voice memos area.

I'm also looking at Audiopaste from sonoma wireworks. While it looks good in principle, I need to consider the copy/pasting of extremely large files (gigabytes and more) and copy/pasting takes filespace, and time, to process. For small loops it might work, but I also want to support the referencing of loops (being able to change one and the others also change). The whole thing just seems like a gigantic hack to get around apples silly policy. (Although in sonoma wireworks case it is a nicely done hack)

So it's very frustrating right now, but it's definitely being thought about.
pwnified

Re: Import export Audio to others apps

Post by pwnified »

ioLibrary got shut down, please read here and sign the petition: http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48