future ideas

New Features and requests for new features
Keith

future ideas

Post by Keith »

I'm really enjoying 1.1. I thought I'd chime in my two cents about future versions. Being able to auto punch is great. What would make Multitrack more useful to me is to be able to not have to mark my in and out, but to play along in record ready hearing what was recorded, then hit the record and hear input, then punch out and go back to hearing what was recorded. Also, a volume control on the metronome would be nice. Being able to cut and paste is not a big deal to me. I see editing and mixing in a different format (Pro Tools). I see using Multitrack as a multitrack recorder, not a full blown daw.

One question. Would it be possible to use bluetooth to carry multiple channels of audio? Possibly bypassing the ADC and going into the PCM side of things. An eight channel carrier for example. Either a stand alone eight mic pres in a box or a bluetooth converter that would take firewire in? I'm more concerned about input than output. Stereo output is just fine.
pwnified

Re: future ideas

Post by pwnified »

I'll look into that, underlying track monitoring. Hopefully it could be a combination of existing switches and not a new switch. And yes I thought about a metronome volume but simply ran out of space :) Might move things around a bit.

It might be possible to make a 4 channel preamp, which encodes the tracks digitally into the analog LR pair, sorta the way Dolby works. Another option could be a mic pre with a wifi connection to the iphone instead of the doc connector.