Hard wire upload versus WiFi, and retaining track name?

New Features and requests for new features
circusinthesky

Hard wire upload versus WiFi, and retaining track name?

Post by circusinthesky »

This WiFi upload time is killing me. Is there no way to either A) Select multiple files to upload, and click Go to begin the upload process while I sleep, or B) use the iPhone connection wire to swiftly upload tracks much like we upload songs onto an iPod?

Also, it would be great if track names were retained.

Thanks for this message board. Sounds like a lot of people feel "heard" regardless of the outcome.

Take care, and best for the future.
pwnified

Re: Hard wire upload versus WiFi, and retaining track name?

Post by pwnified »

When I first learned that network was the only way to transfer large audio files for app developers, I could hardly contain my extreme frustration. So I know how you feel. There are some sneaky ways to get things transferred over usb, like the iphone backup extractor (could work for download), but none of them are apple sanctioned so rather than take a chance of having the app failed, MultiTrack takes the safe route and uses wifi.

I'm hoping apple is going to wake up, any day now, and allow better file transfer capabilities for developers. Sign the petition here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/m ... fileshare/

We were planning on creating a file transferring utility for the desktop which would take the place of the web browser. This would allow multiple queued file transfers and better song management (still wifi). But I'm hoping to not have to keep changing things so I want to see what apple will do.

Thanks for the comments. I'll look into changing the track name to match the uploaded file name.
circusinthesky

Re: Hard wire upload versus WiFi, and retaining track name?

Post by circusinthesky »

Petition signed! I guess they don't want any competition to any Logic for iPad app, but this is shaping up to be a very nice app.

Thanks for looking into the filename thing, and I am sure we're looking forward to the desktop file manager. WiFi or not, just being able to queue up 16 tracks to transfer would help a lot.

Best Regards.