I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post links to songs you made in here!
project52

Re: I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post by project52 »

Week 18 song "Foothold" is now up and mellow. Written and performed mostly with my baritone guitar. Thanks again everyone for stopping by. Let me know if anyone gets a Mikey v2. I'm eager to hear how it performs and how well the input works.

Thanks,

Corey
project52

Post by project52 »

Hi everyone. Week 19 - Island is up and another rocker. It's a more straight up rock tune in the vein of, I don't know, like the Afghan Whigs or Husker Du or something. I don't know, what do you guys think it sounds like. I'm at a bit of a loss.
JimStraynge

Post by JimStraynge »

Your music is cool.
I'm so lovin the multitrack app!
soundcloud dot com slash jimstraynge http://soundcloud.com/jimstraynge
project52

Post by project52 »

Thanks Jim. Good to see you over on Soundcloud too.

Week 20 is up now. Stop on by if you have a second.

Thanks,

Corey
project52

Post by project52 »

I just posted week 21 last night. Thanks everyone for following along. I'm really enjoying this project even though the time crunch can be crazy stressful at times. I would've loved to have tweaked this mix a little more, but I had six minutes left in the day when I posted it! Good news is I think the drum sound is coming along.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 22 is up and sounds to me a little bit like The Cars. Stop on by and enjoy the ride (sorry, couldn't resist).
juicymichole

Post by juicymichole »

I really enjoy these recordings. Both as songs and technologically in regards to iPhone-fi recording.

The anecdotes and technical notes add a lot as well.

Also, the RSS feed with the mp3 links is much preferable to the YouTube versions when listening from the iPhone. The compression on the YouTube loses a lot of what you are doing.

One comparison that came up during a couple of songs is Dinosaur Jr. Definitely also Husker Du. But the sound is definitely uniquely yours.

I'm going to post a few of my multitrack results this month, thanks for the inspiration.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 23 is up and features a toy orchestra!

Thanks juicymichole for following along. I just picked up Husker Du's Zen Arcade on vinyl and am digging it so far. It's funny. They're one of those bands that I was too young to know about when they were current, but they influenced so many of the bands that I was into.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

I frequent the restaurant of Grant Norton from time to time. Hard to believe he was in Husker Du. Great place. He mixes wonderful cocktails.
Fred
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 24, a cheesy little pop rocker, is up on the blog. I write about Blue Mikey's failure in recording drums. Has anyone picked up Mikey v2 yet?