I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post links to songs you made in here!
project52

Re: I'm using MultiTrack on Project 52 - a song a week

Post by project52 »

Forgot to mention: From here on out I'm making every song's mp3 available as a free download during the week of it's release. Stop by every week to collect all of the songs.

Thanks to all my fellow MultiTrackers for following along!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Sounds great Corey. Quick question, on week 23, how many tracks did you have going in MultiTrack at the same time?
project52

Post by project52 »

Thank you pwnified. Week 23 used all 16 tracks, with a little bouncing back and forth between MultiTrack and Reaper. I used one of the tracks to host the drums after they were recorded, and there was one scratch baritone track which was the first, which I ended up recording over for the bass track. Recording a scratch track first has been my latest workaround due to the metronome bleeding through on the break out cable, but it's also been helpful to take the pressure off of getting a perfect take the first time. This is the track makeup: 1-bass, 2-baritone, 3-guitar, 4-guitar, 5-recorder, 6-drums(uploaded from reaper), 7-melodica, 8-melodica, 9-melodica, 10-xylophone, 11-xylophone, 12-xylophone, 13-xylophone, 14-vocals/marimba thinger, 15-vocal, 16-vocal.

Week 25 is up, and it's another tight little rock song. Silkworm-esque and available as a free download this week. Next week marks the halfway point. That will be two albums down and two more to go!
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 26 is in the bag along with the first half of the year. Thanks everyone here for following along.
project52

Post by project52 »

Back again. Another week, another song. Week 27 is an experiment in super high-gain recording using the Blue Mikey (stereo condenser) in my kitchen. I think it came out sounding pretty cool in a lo-fi kind of way. Clicky
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 28 is up and running. This one's a straight-up rocker with what I think is a hint of 80's college rock mixed in. What do you guys think?
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 29 is up and fits a bit more in the slow-core vein. I'm really looking forward to the next release of MultiTrack. I think we should all work together to help get the word out about MultiTrack. It's so heads and tails above every other recording app that I've seen. Anyway, I tried out a new drum mic setup and mixed the drums pretty up front in this one - maybe too much? Thanks as always for listening and spreading the word.
project52

Post by project52 »

30 weeks, 30 songs. This week's song is more of a pop-rocker.

I've updated the site with a couple goodies. For a limited time, I have a free comp of some of the best tracks from the early weeks. Stop on by.
project52

Post by project52 »

Hi again. Week 31 is up and running. It sounds to me like a collision between Nick Drake and Codeine, if that's possible.
project52

Post by project52 »

Week 32 is up and totally rocked out. It's reminiscent of my grungy younger years.