Some thrash for you

Post links to songs you made in here!
runmikeyrun

Some thrash for you

Post by runmikeyrun »

Here is one song off of our EP that's complete except for the guitar leads and vocals.

http://snd.sc/18i5SrO

I have an iPhone 4 and am running (so far) 5 tracks and the session is 30:00 long. No problems or crashes! I will have all 8 tracks used when I am done.

The technical stuff:
I used a Tascam iU2 interface. I tracked all the drums live to one channel via a 6 channel Yamaha mixer and some outboard rack comps (kick, snare, toms, and also on the aux return, sending all the drum channels to it except the OH). I used a CAD 4 pack mic kit which I thought sounded pretty good, except there is NO top end on the kick mic. My only complaint is I could not track stereo drums (had to record scratch guitar with the other one) however the Multitrack reverb does make them sound larger. I did compress the drum track in Multitrack as well, but not too heavily, just to bring out some punch.

Bass went down with a mic and direct on separate channels, both run through the Yamaha mixer. Some slight compression on the mic'd track via the plugin.

Guitars are tracked with two mics and mixed through the yamaha mixer to one channel. Lead track will be shot using the same mic/mixer setup.

Vox will go through a Presonus tube channel.

Haven't decided how I'm going to master. I can do it on Audacity, as their Levellar isn't a terrible plug in. I may also use the master fader compressor on Multitrack. Trying to do it the simplest way.

Thanks for listening and any for comments :)
Hydra Vein

Re: Some thrash for you

Post by Hydra Vein »

Hey man! Checked it out. Very nice sound. First I thought the guitars were my fav. Then I thought the drums were, then the Bass guitar came in and that sounded really good. Well put together song, sounds professional, and you haven't even mastered it yet. I've not yet met a fellow thrasher on any of the iOS app forums. Closest is the JamUp Face Book page.
Can't wait to hear more.

Jason
Nu2moro

Re: Some thrash for you

Post by Nu2moro »

Runmikeyrun
I like the sound of that, look forward to listening to the finished track :-)