My test run...

Post links to songs you made in here!
moogplayer

My test run...

Post by moogplayer »

http://soundcloud.com/moogplayer/multit ... -ipad-test

I had fun with this actually. Start to finish about 3 hours. Filled 15 tracks or so, with real drums and various analog and digital synths. Using Allen & Heath Zed-10FX (LOVE it for this app)

Drums have 4 mics - kick (Sennheiser 602), snare (SM57), overhead (AT4051), Floor Tom (Sennheiser 421). The rack tom is not miked, but the overhead is right over it. I did not use compression, as I couldn't find the power supply to my JoeMeek comp.

main synth loop is a modified Commodore 64

other synths: Roland VP-330 string synth, Moog Minimoog, and Elektron Monomachine

it's not a keeper nor is it perfect, but it got me acquainted with the app. I may try and fly the drum track to Studiotrack app and try to sweeten/compress it, and fly it back.

So far I am loving this.

Suggestion: would LOVE to split a region on a track, and perhaps have the freedom to move it to another track.
jkevinwolfe

Re: My test run...

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Cool. I think you've recorded the history of digital music with this one.
moogplayer

Post by moogplayer »

Haha - at least a synthesizer's greatest hits :)
moogplayer

Post by moogplayer »

UPDATE: successfully flew drum track to Studiotrack, applied compression and some EQ, and flew it back to Multitrack DAW
dstole

Post by dstole »

Nice work Moog.
Have you uploaded that new version?
I would be interested in hearing the difference between them.
Scot Solida

Post by Scot Solida »

I enjoyed this immensely. It's always good to hear someone playing their Minimoog! Great fun, this. Put's me in a good mood!