FAWM and beyond

Post links to songs you made in here!
ukelady

FAWM and beyond

Post by ukelady »

Hi all,
Wanted to share some songs I wrote and recorded on MultiTrack for FAWM (February Album Writing Month) where the aim is to write 14 songs in 28 days. I've been using it since I got my iPhone 4 last year and been working with a friend to record an album on his iPad using MultiTrack - it's pretty darn awesome.
Anyways, all my songs are on http://soundcloud.com/kiwafruit. Majority were recorded on MultiTrack with a very low-fi setup: iPhone 4 on the couch, ukulele playing and me singing into the iPhone mic; very basic volume mixing.
Favourites include:
Red Love/Strawberry Secrets
Near Me
Tip of my Tongue
Christmas Down Under (not part of FAWM but I like it)

If anyone has suggestions for improving the quality of recordings, I'm all ears - I'm making this up as I go along.

Phil0926

Re: FAWM and beyond

Post by Phil0926 »

if your seriously wanting to make an album. I highly suggest you invest in a decent USB microphone. The absolute all around best ive found using MultiTrack is the SamsonQ2U. It has a great quality for vocals and picks up guitar great as well. Also tell your friend to snag Garageband for his iPad. You can add some excellent sounding synths and drum tracks for added effects with ease.
Total you wouldnt spend more than 70 bucks. Not sure how much that would run you in Australia however.
girlvsworld

Re: FAWM and beyond

Post by girlvsworld »

Really like your songs...and I think your recordings sound good!