Killer sound from JamUp Pro and multitrack

Post links to songs you made in here!
DerekBuddemeyer

Killer sound from JamUp Pro and multitrack

Post by DerekBuddemeyer »

I made this track using EZ Composer, Music Studio, JamUp Pro, and Multitrack DAW....serious good sounds...all done on iPod touch!!!

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/sway-wav
Anorton

Re: Killer sound from JamUp Pro and multitrack

Post by Anorton »

Sounds great, man. Very tasty playing. I just got JamUp Pro and really dig the sounds. I'm curious about your recording process, especially how you recorded the guitar parts in JamUp Pro. Would you mind telling how you did it? I know how to get backing tracks in and get recordings out, but I can't figure out how to record my guitar parts while the backing track is playing. Sorry to ask for something that must be pretty obvious. Thanks.
DerekBuddemeyer

Re: Killer sound from JamUp Pro and multitrack

Post by DerekBuddemeyer »

Anorton wrote:Sounds great, man. Very tasty playing. I just got JamUp Pro and really dig the sounds. I'm curious about your recording process, especially how you recorded the guitar parts in JamUp Pro. Would you mind telling how you did it? I know how to get backing tracks in and get recordings out, but I can't figure out how to record my guitar parts while the backing track is playing. Sorry to ask for something that must be pretty obvious. Thanks.
Ok, here's the formula.
I use a few different app to achieve the level of recording I have been using for demo.

Multitrack DAW
EZ Composer
Music Studio
Nanostudio
JamUp Pro

If I just want a drum track to create from scratch, I use nanostudio. Copy/paste to multitrack.

Here's what I like to do if I don't have a specific piece in mind.  I use EZ Composer to construct backing tracks (pick an instrument-acoustic gtr, piano, etc) pick your tempo and choose chord progressions (a lot to choose from) then I choose a drum track..you can choose a number of different beat types for each chord progression.  Now bass pick patterns for each progression...repeat with whAtever instruments you may want.  Everything is synced with the other instruments in the same key so it's very easy to create a well put together track.

I save this and name it. Then email it to myself.
I open the email and hold on the attachment...it gives me an option to open in certain apps...choose music studio.  I do this because music studio has better sounding instruments.  From here I assign instruments to the pre-rendered tracks to find what sounds best.  On the drum track, I can add cymbal splashes and other percussion sounds in real time and quantized them in the current track.  When finished, I save and copy/paste to multitrack...choose the seperate files option...when you open in multitrack, each instrument is on a seperate track allowing for individual manipulation.  Now, here I use 2 iPod touch devices, but you can use iPad/iPhone, any combination of 2 iDevices.  On 1 I am using JamUp pro with my guitar plugged in.  I run out of the headphone jack on the interface into another interface on the second device running multitrack daw.  I can now record as many guitar tracks as I want.  To do this you MUST HAVE two devices and interfaces.  

The other way around is to copy/paste your music studio track to JamUp pro and overdub guitars in the phrase sampler.