Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
cargomaster

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by cargomaster »

Has anyone tried the iRig Pro interface? I have just set it up, and it works great with Garage Band, but I'd like to use it with a better DAW, one that's more of a DAW than a toy, and this app looks great.
ebernet

Post by ebernet »

Has this app been successfully tested with the Rode iMicXY at 24x96? Can you set gain level while watching the meters with this mic and app?
ebernet

Post by ebernet »

I guess my specific questions about the Rode iXY are:
1. Is the software-switchable 72Hz high pass filter accessible via Multitrack DAW?
2. Is the software adjustable internal preamp level controllable via Multitrack DAW, and can you see immediate feedback meters (unlike their app, when you have to adjust the gain on a screen where you do not see meters)
Telefunky

Post by Telefunky »

I'll add the Audient ID22 even if it is not officially supportet by Audient
works fine for me, it features an exceptional DI for electric guitar/bass
(if there is any distance to the Avalon U5, then it's a really small one)
mic preamps are high quality, too - effective noisefloor with a dynamic microphone is -80db in a quiet room (gain full up except the very last tick)
the preamps have a non-vintage tone, for my taste they sound a bit 'fuller' than RME or Apogee's

why isn't this advertized by the manufacuterer ?
well, they are careful guys - they don't have a native control app under IOS, so they don't talk about it
(most folks know that the interface will most certainly work as it's class compliant)
thing is the ID22 doesn't memorize it's setup if powered off
it has to be configured by a PC or Mac (atm)
as long as it's powered up it will keep it's routing state even if disconnected from system A and reconnected to system B
I use a Win-8 tablet for configuration (get's the job done - but is one piece of crap compared to an iPad... )
as I use to keep most of my gear powered on constantly (avoiding wear out by switching) I need this only every couple of weeks - if at all

proof of the pudding example: my Telecaster recorded via DI
tracking: MT-DAW (you guessed that, didn't you?)
amp simulation: Positive Grid JamUp with a Fender Tweed and 65 Reverb Emulation
no further processing

cheers, Tom
shortyedwards

Post by shortyedwards »

Hi all -
Just picked up a Focusrite iTrack dock. Will this be compatible with Multitrack DAW?

Thanks!
-SE
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, the iTrack works great. And apologies for the delay, sometimes these messages get lost in the fray :D
dcollins710

Post by dcollins710 »

Yes, I use the iRig Pro with MTDAW all the time and it works wonderfully.
harisonzamperla

Post by harisonzamperla »

I have an iPhone 6plus and im looking for a USB interface with external power that will allow me at least two audio inputs and a midi input thru multitrack. Any recommendations? I'd like to not spend a more than $200
dcollins710

Post by dcollins710 »

harisonzamperla wrote:I have an iPhone 6plus and im looking for a USB interface with external power that will allow me at least two audio inputs and a midi input thru multitrack. Any recommendations? I'd like to not spend a more than $200
Check out what this guy is doing:
http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2137
harisonzamperla

Post by harisonzamperla »

I'm aware of the scarlett series buy I also heard there's lots of issues and the need to hook up a USB power hub (instead of the interface just having is own power). Also I need midi + audio. Im using keyboards, Midi pedals, guitar and mic. I see all this apple stuff sold as a mobile music solution and also for live play. So theres got to be a simple way to put this together. What about this little guy http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AudioBoxiTwo