Unable to arm tracks

How to use MultiTrack DAW
untilcrazy

Unable to arm tracks

Post by untilcrazy »

Hello, I am a new user and have some question.

I created 2 new blank tracks in Multitrack DAW and wanted to ‘arm’ them by selecting a mixer app 'Kymatica Aum port 1 and port 2 respectively but somehow failed to do so.

I use an iPhone 6s plus with IOS 10, with a Shure MV88 microphone.

Does anyone know why i am unable to arm the tracks? Would appreciate a quick reply, as i want to record a show tomorrow. Thank you!
pwnified

Re: Unable to arm tracks

Post by pwnified »

welcome untilcrazy,

Usually when IAA apps don't Arm properly, try background killing the AUM app by double-tapping the Home button and swiping away the app, and/or manually starting the AUM app and then background killing it. Also a reboot will usually solve the problem to clean up rouge instances of a app. Let us know if it works.
untilcrazy

Post by untilcrazy »

Hello, thank you for answering my question.
Usually when IAA apps don't Arm properly, try background killing the AUM app by double-tapping the Home button and swiping away the app, and/or manually starting the AUM app and then background killing it. Also a reboot will usually solve the problem to clean up rouge instances of a app. Let us know if it works.
I am a newbie and don't quite understand the above, but i switched off and on the phone, and tried again. The M.Daw still is unable to arm.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Unfortunately IAA (Inter-App Audio) is a little buggy and fails to work sometimes depending on iOS version. Chances are it has something to do with samplerate differences between the various apps. Maybe try a multitrack project of 48kHz and see if tracks will arm with the AUM app selected? The iPhone 6 has a samplerate of 48kHz for the internal mic and speaker. I think this should change for whatever hardware you have plugged in, like the MV88 should support most samplerates. The trick is that the IAA plugin (AUM in this case) must be created at the hardware samplerate (it's created when the track is armed). I'm currently working to resolve these issues by placing samplerate converters on the IAA plugin and should have a cleaner solution within the next couple weeks.
untilcrazy

Post by untilcrazy »

I see, hope to see your update soon, thank you!
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

untilcrazy wrote:I see, hope to see your update soon, thank you!
Me too, lookin' forward to it.
aviavi

Post by aviavi »

I have a song in 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 5.6 ms buffer, and no Inter-App audio generators work as input sources. When I go to arm a track, I get a brief "Loading AudioUnits" and then nothing. The track cannot be armed. (My IAA compatible apps include Figure, VoxBeat, Kaossilator, Audreio, Main Output and Protein Der Klan.)

This is on an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10.2.1, with the latest version of MultiTrack DAW.

Thanks/
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Hi aviavi,

This might be the samplerate bug on the newer iPhones, which will also be fixed in the upcoming release. The workaround currently is to always use headphones. The problem is that the internal speaker/mic on the iPhone 6 and later use 48 kHz, so IAA nodes must be created at the hardware samplerate. Plugging in headphones should fix that, headphones always use 44.1 kHz hardware samplerate. The update will have samplerate converters around each IAA plugin if the songs samplerate doesn't match the hardware samplerate, but in the meantime you could make sure to use headphones.