Problems with ver. 2.0.4

New Features and requests for new features
project52

Problems with ver. 2.0.4

Post by project52 »

Hi pwnified,

Thanks as always for the great product and rapid improvements. I just updated to v 2.0.4 and found a couple of changes that I wasn't expecting and that I'd prefer to have rolled back. The big one for me is that now the input doesn't monitor unless the "tape" is rolling. I use the input monitor for mic placement, so I need to be able to get sounds without the rest of the mix playing. The other one isn't as big of an issue, but it adds an extra step to my recording process for every botched take: Now when you undo record or when you erase a bin after having recorded it resets the track to record-off, which means I have to re-arm the track every time I flub something, which is a lot.

I didn't notice anything else, but I only just updated this evening and had to track some bass guitar tonight.

Thanks,

Corey
pwnified

Re: Problems with ver. 2.0.4

Post by pwnified »

It looks like yes the track monitor is not monitoring unless in playback or record mode. This is a bug.

The other problem is more complex, it only happens when deleting the last region from a track. So if deleting a region results in no more regions in a track, the track is disarmed, and it seems to be a remnant of another related bug fix (plugging in a mic with a different number of channels didn't disarm the track, and allowed the recording of stereo on a mono track and visversa). This is also an unintentional bug and will be fixed.

Apologies. I'll get another version up shortly.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

So both of thses bugs have been fixed in 2.0.6, which also adds support for the remaining devices for the iPod library access.

2.0.6 was submitted on July 10th so it should be available any day now.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

2.0.6 is now available on the iTunes App Store, let us know if you encounter any issues.