Stereo tracks with iAudiointerface

New Features and requests for new features
dominicperry

Stereo tracks with iAudiointerface

Post by dominicperry »

Just got the Studio Six Digital iAudioInterface to use with Multitrack and it works well, but there is one quirk and one related request.

The quirk is that when recording from the included mono mic, Multitrack produces a stereo file with only the left side reccorded. This would clearly be better as a mono track.

My related request is that when recording from both channels of the iAudioInterface, I would like an option to record two separate mono tracks rather than a single stereo track. I'm plugging an external dual channel mic pre into the iAudioInterface, and recording different things onto the two tracks (e.g. guitar and vocal). It would be good to be able to change volume and pan (and EQ etc in future releases) on each individually. Of course, the current option to record a stereo track is also desirable for genuine stereo (XY, ORTF etc) mic'ing of a source.

Many thanks.

Dominic
pwnified

Re: Stereo tracks with iAudiointerface

Post by pwnified »

If you open the input fader group (labeled "IN"), with the stereo mic attached, there should be two buttons (left and right) you can use these buttons to force a mono track. Actually, those buttons are there specifically for the iAudioInterface.

As far as recording to more than one track simultaneously, at some point this will be possible! Thanks for the feedback.
dominicperry

Re: Stereo tracks with iAudiointerface

Post by dominicperry »

Thanks for your reply. I've now tried the mono buttons - works as intended, excellent.

I look forward to the ability to record multiple tracks too.

Thanks for a very useful application.

Dominic