phantom distortion

How to use MultiTrack DAW
duncs

phantom distortion

Post by duncs »

hi hi

i'm pretty new to this app. i've recorded 8 tracks (one of which is bounced to a stereo track) in a project, all via the built-in mic of an ipad. none of the tracks clip individually, and when each are soloed everything sounds clear as a bell. however when i play the project with all the tracks unmuted, there is a strange high-frequency clicking distortion at a few parts. anyone know what's happening? this is frustrating.

cheers
pwnified

Re: phantom distortion

Post by pwnified »

Try turning down the master (labeled OUT on the main interface), and turning up the hardware volume control (on the side of the device). Each track is stored as 16 bits, but with all mixed together it's possible to clip the output with hot recordings. I'm working on having the output VU meter more accurately reflect a clip condition, but just turning the master out down should fix the clip.
duncs

Post by duncs »

thanks..

i gave that a whirl but the sound i'm experiencing is still clearly there. any way i could get you the shared file and you may be able to suss out what it is i'm hearing?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, absolutely. Send me an email and well figure this out.
Triomundi

Post by Triomundi »

This is happening to me, too! Each of my three tracks was okay separately, but when I unmuted to let them play together, suddenly there were a couple of a high-pitched beeps between the 20 and 40 second mark. The remaining 3 minutes were fine. I tried turning down the master volume, but no luck. Any ideas?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I think this is a part of a rare long standing bug with the internal caching mechanism. There are fixes in the upcoming version, but for now if you see this, try the "flush caches" method as outlined in this post:
http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219
Triomundi

Post by Triomundi »

Thank you!! It's only an occasional problem, anyway. MultiTrack DAW is absolutely fantastic.