Successful sync to midi sequencer!

New Features and requests for new features
Rossf

Successful sync to midi sequencer!

Post by Rossf »

Well I had an interesting night with the iPad and Multitrack. I was using an old Roland MC-500 midi sequencer;first I recorded a FSK sync tone from out the back of the sequencer as the sequence played,even did lots of wild tempo shifts as it recorded,then I had DAW play that sync tone back out of the behringer left output into the FSK input of the sequencer-the machine kept perfect time for multiple overdubs! Just tested it out with drum machine patterns at first,it was so tight there was no phasing at all even with the tempo shifts,all overdubs were exactly the same. Only downside is that you have to keep one output for the sync tone so you can't monitor in stereo while recording a new track. Which gets me to my suggestion...would it be possible to route a third channel out of the iPads headphone Jack just for the sync tone to keep the main sound card output free of the sync tone? Just curious. I'll probably use my hardware sequencer a lot more now as I always had severe midi woes when working solely in the virtual world.
Cheers
pwnified

Re: Successful sync to midi sequencer!

Post by pwnified »

Nice, thanks for trying this. Unfortunately the IO is selected automatically by iOS so it's impossible to combine different outputs (or inputs). With usb though, it may be possible to have more than 2 outputs (or inputs), something I can't wait to look into :)