Basic effect tools

New Features and requests for new features
jkevinwolfe

Basic effect tools

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Used MT DAW to do a rap project for a client this week. It was a breeze to do. Did mixdown on the iPad. It will be nice when your planned AAC export is implemented and be able to email the files from the iPad as well.

My suggestion is for some basic effects that would improve mixdown capabilities:

Reverb: To keep the mixes from sounding dry.

Noise Reduction: A gate/expander combo would be ideal.

Compressor: For normalizing track volume, getting more vocal intimacy and tightening the sound.

EQ: Basic three or four band. Might be nice to include a 60hz notch filter to reduce electrical hum.

These are not really "effects" in the sense of bitcrushers and choruses, but they're a basic toolkit for getting a solid mixdown. It would be ideal that these tools are available on each tracks output.

One more suggestion: Each project has a notes pop up. I don't see these on many recording apps, but it would be nice to have a place to type in basic notes about the recording while your in the app. It also would be useful for pasting in lyrics and having them on screen during recording.
jorgren

Re: Basic effect tools

Post by jorgren »

jkevin,

Your list is pretty much the same as everybody's, and I think pwnified is going to make these happen eventually. I would also add volume envelopes, or at least fades.
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

I read in a post that fade ins and outs were in the works. It seems like MT DAW is already far ahead of any other app in the category. I really like this app for use on iPad and am delighted to see it grow.
reachneville

Post by reachneville »

Absolutely great app!!!!
As with everyone else, I think some basic effects would make the world of difference.

- Reverb
- Compression
- EQ
- Volume (fade in / out)

Your app is making me and my new band very happy in rehearsals. It's incredible to have such easy, awesome capability in such a tiny device. Thanks!!