Audio subsystem failed.

How to use MultiTrack DAW
dcsapporo

Audio subsystem failed.

Post by dcsapporo »

I have received the message "Audio subsystem failed. Please restart!" several times when trying to open a project. At first I suspected I had crashed the application when pasting a large wave file in one of the tracks. I backed up the project information and un-installed Multitrack and reinstalled it. the second time I was recording several takes of one track, without deleting wave files from the bin. While trying to record another take the message appeared. When I was about to repeat the steps I took previously, iTunes had an update for Multitrack. This corrected things. So I returned to my projects and continued recording and pasting. While pasting a wavefile again into a track I received the message again. When receiving this message the application becomes inoperable. What can I do to correct this problem and prevent it from happening.
Last edited by dcsapporo on September 9th, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pwnified

Re: Audio susystem failed.

Post by pwnified »

This will happen when the underlying (Apple) libraries fail or crash, for whatever reason. You shouldn't get this message very often, but I get it occasionally on an iPad. I think the Apple libraries are not immune to bugs. I added this message for whenever the apple AudioUnit return an error, instead of silently failing. The message should only pop up when something is wrong deep in the heart of iOS. Did you try restarting or rebooting? You can contact me by email and we can try to find out more about your system.
Honeycroft

Re: Audio subsystem failed.

Post by Honeycroft »

I get this nearly everyone I use MT. very frustrating.