Dual mono tracks

New Features and requests for new features
Rossf

Dual mono tracks

Post by Rossf »

Was there plans to allow two separate mono tracks ( as opposed to one stereo track) to be recorded in the near future? This would make recording duos easy,and then these tracks could easily be repositioned in the stereo field later?
dominicperry

Re: Dual mono tracks

Post by dominicperry »

This request has been made before (by me and at least one other), and I believe that pwnified (the developer) has indicated that he is considering it.

Dominic
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, I was trying to find an iPad USB device that supported more than 2 channels (I tried the UMix 44 so far, it doesn't work) so I could figure out a good UI for mapping inputs to tracks, but I suppose we can start with 2 (mapped to separate mono tracks, defaults to stereo mapped to single track)
dstole

Post by dstole »

Sorry to revive this thread, and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...
Would this also allow recording at the same time on both mono tracks?
moogplayer

Post by moogplayer »

+1 on this. Would love this feature. I would test with a USB mixer (Alesis or Allen & Heath?)...
dstole

Post by dstole »

I was wondering, if it is difficult to have two record enabled mono tracks, would it be possible to have an onboard button that splits a stereo track to dual mono files.

As it stands, I sometimes record two mono sources as hard panned left and right, and then pull them out on the computer. If there was a pop up contextual menu that would allow this, that would be great. Even greater would be a button that splits the stereo into two mono tracks and places those two tracks into the mixer...awesome :)

Just thought I would suggest it incase the hardware itself was making the multi-record enabled option difficult.