Batch upload/download feature request

New Features and requests for new features
hp sudon

Batch upload/download feature request

Post by hp sudon »

Hi- great job on this app-- besides recording scratch ideas and rehearsals, I'm using it to bring my studio stems with me to rehearsals-- it's an amazing tool to be able to easily solo parts for reference or quickly remembering how a part goes that I (or one of the band members) forgot, or just being able to mute my part and practice with the recording by myself ... I've always wanted to have some way to have my separated tracks of our songs easily available while on the go (not in a laptop) and this app is the answer-- Thank you so much!!!!!!!

I have a feature request--- how hard would it be to add a batch upload/download (I'm more interested in the upload)-- it would make it alot easier to batch upload the stems for a whole song into one project.

Also, the volume faders are kind of a pain to work with because every time I take my finger off of the fader it moves + or - .4 --(same with pan) if you could just double tap or tap hold it or something and have the option to type a number in, it would make it much more functional.

While I'm at it... I kinda wish there was a way to just hit the M, S or arm buttons without having to wait for the popup and then hitting it-- maybe something like how the hotbox works where you hold your finger and drag... I don't know, anything to make it a little faster and less tapping.

Another thing is a split function (split the selected audio region at the scroll bar position)

I think most of the other things that would make this a truly unimaginably AWESOME app, people have suggested... (compressor/limiter, EQ, Reverb, Delay, Chorus... your basic toolkit)- I think it would be real cool to be able to do basically everything on this app from tracking to mixing to mastering...
jorgren

Re: Batch upload/download feature request

Post by jorgren »

I think there's a standard for batch copy/paste now; if I recall, ThumbJam supports it. I don't know about batch upload/download. I suppose if the Bonjour library supports it, so will Multitrack, at some point.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I wanted to mention something about the popup animations. During the time that the control is popping up, MultiTrack is doing a whole bunch of track precaching and other background maintenance to allow the realtime adjustment of the track. So it turns out the delay is a necessary element of the functionality, and to be honest, the animation was put there to hide it.

It makes MultiTrack usage more a relaxed editing style, and less a hyper-access-to-everything editing style. I'm aware of the "number of taps" issue with the faders and knobs, it's not actually working how it was originally intended, I'll try to come up with a way to have only a single tap and drag.

I think the batch upload is doable, there is actually a bunch of code put in for this, but it needs finishing. Thanks for the suggestions
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Just to muddy the waters: I prefer tapping to bring up a menu, then tapping on a choice. The tap-and-drag thing forces me to peer under my finger as a try to steer it across the surface to an item which is hidden under my finger.
hp sudon

Post by hp sudon »

pwnified you don't get payed enough!!
Seriously-- for $9.99 this app is really amazing as it is. Just yesterday I was "wow-ing" a band with it. I may have gained a few customers for you. :)