How to use MultiTrack DAW
jorgren

Re: Guitar apps and adapters

Post by jorgren »

Does Amplitube have copy and paste?
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

No, they added their own 4 track recorder for an extra $10. The updated version comes with a one track recorder. Pretty useless. If you like playing along with other people's music, it has some cool functions like slowing tracks down without changing the key. It does sound good, but they didn't make it easy to use with other apps. With all that said, I purchased their 4 track. It's not convenient, but it allows me to use the AmpliTube app with MultiTrack. I'm hoping that pwnified's next update will allow MultiTrack to play in the background while recording in AmpliTube. That will make it a bit less tedious. We'll see if AmpKit get's it right and adds copy and paste to their next update.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Why is this concept so difficult to grasp? If you actually want people to buy your audio app, include copy/paste! Sheesh.

And $10 is a lot for an app, let alone an upgrade to a very expensive app. Does the 4-track recorder have copy/paste, or do you have to run home to the computer before you can transfer to your real recording software (Multitrack)? If you have to run the FX part and the 4-track part together, does that mean you have to "downgrade" to iOS4?
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

No copy and paste whatsoever (no wifi either). You have to connect to the computer to get the guitar sounds back to MultiTrack. I've had to take my rough mixes from Multitrack, add them to my iTunes on my computer, send them back to my iPod touch into my iTunes music library. Once there, you can add them to the AmpliTube recorder, record your guitar track and send it back to the computer, blah, blah, blah. You can record guitar with effects in AmpliTube without downgrading. With all that said, the results are very good if you're willing to lay out an extra $10 for AmpliTube's recorder. You also have to spend $5 for each additional "amp" and $3 for each additional pedal. I recommend their "clean" amp. It's modeled after a Fender deluxe. I think the reverb, tremolo, and richness of tone are far superior to the "lead" (Marshall) amp AmpliTube includes with their free version. I keep posting requests for copy and paste on Ampkit's and AmpliTube's facebook pages. If you or anyone else is a facebook member, I could use some support in this campaign.