Guitar apps and adapters

How to use MultiTrack DAW
pwnified

Re: Guitar apps and adapters

Post by pwnified »

The good news is that the peavey ampkit link works and crosstalk is elilminated. But I agree, the volume level is reduced so it's hard to get the volume right, in multitrack. It looks like the ampkit app has a bunch of gain controls and options to compensate for this. I'm working on the faders in MultiTrack, there was actually a bug that caused them to not have as much gain as they should have. This will be fixed.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

I was playing around with the iRig and the Ampkit app the other night and discovered something interesting. I made a drumtrack in Beatmaker, pasted it into MultiTrack, transferred it from MultiTrack to the Ampkit app as a backing track, played along with it and recorded it in the Ampkit app, transferred it back to MultiTrack, muted it, and heard absolutely no crosstalk on the guitar track. Why might the iRig have crosstalk issues in MultiTrack and not in Ampkit?
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

Here is a new interface: http://www.newsignalprocess.com/site/
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Anorton wrote:Why might the iRig have crosstalk issues in MultiTrack and not in Ampkit?
Were you using the noise gate in ampkit?
fgrittner wrote:Here is a new interface: http://www.newsignalprocess.com/site/
Thats interesting. But I wonder why they don't mention more specs about the unit. And why they didn't provide a stereo output jack (which could also function as mono for guitar gear). And if the unit is not powered, they are going to run into the same crosstalk issues the other cables have (except the peavey ampkit link)
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Ahh, the old noise gate in the app to eliminate the iRig crosstalk trick.
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

I just tried something new that might be of interest to those of you with multiple iDevices:
Using the Ampkit Link to feed my iPad into my iPhone (or visa versa).

The resulting audio is surprisingly good, and it allows you to use one iOS device as an instrument or processor while recording it live into MultiTrack on the other. You can simultaneously monitor the other tracks as well, of course.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

That's a great idea, Dave. Thanks.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

3rd generation iPod touch users beware the AmpliTube 2 update. I installed it on two different 3rd gen. iPod touches and it sounds terrible. They've told me they're getting it "squared away." Stick with version 1 until the squaring begins.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Amplitube's update and fix for iPod touch 3rd generation is in, and it's a real improvement.