Application Folder In Itunes

How to use MultiTrack DAW
stevo

Application Folder In Itunes

Post by stevo »

I'm new to the forum, having just bought Multitrack. I love this app, it's really strong and I'm finding that I use it more often than Fourtrack. I'm curious if there are any plans to display all songs and tracks in the application folder in itunes? It currently looks like all you can do is mixdown to that folder.

At this time, FourTrack actually puts all the tracks, mixdowns and songs in that folder and all you have to do to back up your work is save to your hard drive. Backing up Multitrack seems more difficult, one would have to save each track, correct?
pwnified

Re: Application Folder In Itunes

Post by pwnified »

Unfortunately, the tracks themselves don't actually exist in real life. With fourtrack they do, because fourtrack is a destructive editor. With MultiTrack, a track is just an abstract concept which is composed of regions, which point into the actual bins (audio files). So in order to get a Track out, it needs to be rendered. So the actual Bins (and Region information) is all contained in a Project folder (or Song), and hidden from the iTunes file sharing (mainly because even though iTunes allows downloading whole folders, it doesn't allow uploading (or dropping) of folders. So in other words, I could unhide the song folders which would allow dragging them OUT of iTunes. But dragging them back in is not supported, so there is no point in allowing it at all.

Using the Wi-Fi, you can download a project (zip) file which contains the entire song in a backup format. This is fairly useless for retrieving audio from. But the zip can also be uploaded back into MultiTrack (like a backup restore).

Also using Wi-Fi, the individual tracks can be rendered on demand.
stevo

Re: Application Folder In Itunes

Post by stevo »

Superb responsiveness!

Ok, I must confess that I didn't see the zip thing at first. Not a bad way around it. That solves the first issue, but I guess the second issue is somewhat of a philosophical one.

But beyond all that - what about some reverb and/or some EQ? If you had these things, I don't think I'd pick up my Boss ever again...