problem copying tracks from nanostudio in MT

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Bridgehead

problem copying tracks from nanostudio in MT

Post by Bridgehead »

I tried to import tracks from Nanostudio into MT and only one of the five tracks shows up. There is no way to select a specific track from the 5 that are on the pasteboard. In Nanostudio you can export all the individual tracks to the pasteboard, I just can't seem to get them to paste into MT. I haven't done a lot of copying and pasting, so maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

itouch-32gb 4th gen ios4.1, latest versions of Nanostudio and MT.
pwnified

Re: problem copying tracks from nanostudio in MT

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack supports the Intua style pasteboard, which is just recently supported by AudioCopy, but with limitations. AudioCopy supports a multi copy system now which (if I'm not mistaken) can have up to 12 different clips at once, but only the last one copied is put in the general (Intua) copy area. So to paste your other clips you'll have to switch back to Nano and copy them fresh.

I have to admit, it seems like a useful thing to have the copy system used like a database like this. I'll see what I can do about adding it, if it doesn't have to add all that UI cruft along with it.
Bridgehead

Post by Bridgehead »

Thanks for the swift response. I guess what i would like to have happen is for the individual tracks that are on the pasteboard to be inserted as individual tracks in MT. The only track I can load from Nano is the first track. MT does not see or display the other tracks for pasting. I was able to do this in the app Thumbjam. You can choose which track to load by scrolling through them and then pasting accordingly. I was hoping that MT would be able to do this as well. Let me know if MT has this capability.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Not at this time. AudioCopy is only indirectly supported through their support for the Inuta format (which only uses one slot for copying). I'll spend some more time looking more closely at the AudioCopy format and see if it's going to be able to support MultiTracks "unique" method.