Importing Thumb Jam Loops/Songs into Multitrack DAW

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Adam

Importing Thumb Jam Loops/Songs into Multitrack DAW

Post by Adam »

Hi All,

For those of you who are Thumb Jam users, how are you integrating it with Multitrack DAW? I just downloaded it and can obviously make about 20 fun loop recordings in a few hours. Do you simply take a saved "song" (I don't know if they are called loops or songs, but the thing you save with a filename) and use wifi to upload it into Multitrack? Short of the Rewire-style sharing format that Hamilton is talking about is this the only way to go, or can any sort of real-time back-and forth arrangement/composition happen?

Thanks!

--Adam
beyond

Re: Importing Thumb Jam Loops/Songs into Multitrack DAW

Post by beyond »

Use audio copy/paste, I just tried it from Thumbjam to MT this weekend, works great. You may need to use the Intua (general) pasteboard, but it should work, worked for me. Then you never have to leave your iPad/iPhone! :mrgreen:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks tons for your answer, Beyond. Would you follow up one more time? I think this might be useful for others like myself who want to import Thubjam songs into MT-DAW. In Thumb Jam, I go into copy/paste under Preferences. I select an audio file from Thumb Jam's Library and press "copy audio". I get the message "Success! Select app to Audio Paste" and it gives me apps. Multitrack DAW is not one of them. Do you see Multitrack DAW in the pick list? If not, what app do you choose to paste to? Here's the list I have access to:

Four Track
Studio Track
Doppler Pad
Equalizer
Reverb
Compresser
Audio View
Reforge
Audio Forge
Looptastic Producer
Looptastic HD
Jasuto Pro
Morph Wiz
Guitar
iShred
Everyday Looper
Report-IT EE

Once you get it pasted, in MT-DAW do you go to bins to look for it? How do yo do that part?

Thanks again,

--Adam
beyond

Post by beyond »

If I'm not mistaken, it just copies to the general pasteboard (which the intua format uses).

Just exit Thumbjam, go to an empty track in MultiTrack, and choose "paste." See if that works.