Need information about Cache Track

How to use MultiTrack DAW
McGilli

Need information about Cache Track

Post by McGilli »

Pnwified - I read the sermon thread here where you mentioned that M.DAW isn't really for single, long recordings due to the cache track being somewhat more than double wide of the original.

Is it safe to say that if I record a 1gb file - it then has about 2gb of cache for a total of 3gb?

I just want to make sure. I use the program to record dj sets from my turntables. Sometimes I don't need to multitrack as the set goes great. Sometimes if there is an interruption from my daughter etc - then I like the multitrack ability for punching in on one of my records to continue the set recording.

The sets are usually transferred off to my PC asap after completion.

But I only have on average of 10gb free on my ipad - so this info would help me in case I'm not near a computer etc for a weekend trip - then I can better plan the use of my recording space (free up more before I leave home). thanks!
pwnified

Re: Need information about Cache Track

Post by pwnified »

Yeah. Basically a single track is the worst case, I think a half hour of recording will use something like 800MB. This is subject to change. However adding additional tracks in parallel only adds the normal amount that a regular wav would add.