Trouble wifing .mp3 file into MT

How to use MultiTrack DAW
tob

Trouble wifing .mp3 file into MT

Post by tob »

Using Wifi to bring an .mp3 file into MT. So far no luck. Followed all directions, restarted iphone and computer, still the same message "Not a valid Project"

The .mp3 file was recorded using garage band. Ideas? Love this program but...

thanks!
-tob
pwnified

Re: Trouble wifing .mp3 file into MT

Post by pwnified »

You must click on a song first on the web page, and use the "Upload Audio Bin" to transfer the audio into a song. Back in Multitrack, use the Bin browser to copy the bin, then use the Hotbox to paste onto a track.

If you can use iTunes File Sharing (iOS3.2 or later), I think it's a better way to transfer audio because it ends up in a shared folder so you can then copy it into any song. On the other hand, it uses more filespace because the audio is sitting in two places (in the shared folder and also in the song)

With iOS4 and later, you can use iPod Library Access to copy audio straight out of the iPod library, which is probably the best option so far.
tob

Re: Trouble wifing .mp3 file into MT

Post by tob »

Got it! I neglected the step of using the hotspot on a new track to bring it in. Thank you so much! Also.... BIG shouts to you as an amazing supportive developer! Just looking at your responses to others and mine, you are ON it!

This is a fantastic app! Eager for the new features looking forward. Feels like mini protools in my palm.

Now for some simple fx, haven't decided which way to go yet for that. Thanks for an outstanding product and customer support. Awesome!

-tob