How to use MultiTrack DAW
yep

Garageband coming to iPad?

Post by yep »

How will this effect the brilliant DAW?
Keith

Re: Garageband coming to iPad?

Post by Keith »

The first thing I notice is that is only 8 tracks.
AkaManzana

Post by AkaManzana »

The first thing I noticed is that is only $5 bucks.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

I wish Apple would bump up the power spec in the connector when it releases the new iOS and GB.
yep

Post by yep »

Both good points. Wonder why only 8 tracks?
AkaManzana

Post by AkaManzana »

What I really would like is for a streamlined way for this apps to talk or interact with each other better than the copy and paste currently in place. Effects apps layered on top of recording apps, real multitasking.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

All the instruments are built right into the app, so no need for any communication system between apps. It's like apple is trying to scoop the entire music app scene, unless they open up AU's (AudioUnits) and allow developers to create plugins to be sold on the app store. MultiTrack still has some features that GB doesn't, but I'll have to step up the idea mill from here on out, which is always a good thing :D
AkaManzana

Post by AkaManzana »

Competition is always good :D . I got a couple recording apps but multitrack is my favorite and use it regularly. Apple usually takes a long time to update their software, which should give devs time to get customers with new feats and stuff. It's kind of creepy though, how Apple sees everybodys code and then competes agaisnt them.
yep

Post by yep »

pwnified wrote:All the instruments are built right into the app, so no need for any communication system between apps. It's like apple is trying to scoop the entire music app scene, unless they open up AU's (AudioUnits) and allow developers to create plugins to be sold on the app store. MultiTrack still has some features that GB doesn't, but I'll have to step up the idea mill from here on out, which is always a good thing :D
Looking fwd to seeing the idea mill churn.

I'm sure Apple took a good look at DAW when porting Garageband to the iPad.

I think it's kind of odd to have 1 guy against an entire massive dev team, but so far you're far in the lead. Good luck. ;)
boone51

Post by boone51 »

I saw the GarageBand Demo. Looks good, and for 5 bucks I'll bite. But if it doesn't have Audio Copy/Paste like the other great music apps I use, it won't be anything more than a toy like Amplitube. I'm impressed with the way you're taking it all in stride, pwnified. That's impressive that you look at it as a challenge instead of a conflict of interest for a company that takes your code under review and then releases a similar app. Shady practice there. Same thing really happened with iBooks right? They just took the interface out of another app already in their app store. I mean, almost a screen shot of the other app. Books on a wooden shelf that you click on and open. Pretty ballsy, really. Anyway, kudos pwnified. I'm anxiously awaiting an update from the beta testing you've got going. I open the app store each afternoon and my heart sinks a little when I don't see the new udpate...lol